Hurricane Irma

Hurricane Irma

WE Friends –
As Hurricane Irma continues to grow in strength, I hope that you are making plans to evacuate to a safe place inland to ride out the storm. It sounds like this has the likelihood of being more of a wind risk compared to Hurricane Matthew last fall.

I am beginning to hear from friends in the Midlands and in the Upstate who are offering to help shelter folks who need a place to stay. If you need some help, please let me know. I will not leave town until I know that everyone is  safe and accounted for.

Regarding upcoming events, we will most likely make a decision about Sunday worship by Friday noon. As of this morning it looks like there is a strong chance that tropical force winds will reach us by Sunday morning.

Over the next few days, I hope that you will continue to keep the people of the Leeward Islands (Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Nevis/St. Kitts, etc.), Puerto Rico, Hispaniola (Haiti and Domincan Republic) Cuba and the Bahamas in your prayers. Folks living in these areas generally don’t have the kinds of resources available to them like we do here, and they can’t easily evacuate inland like we can.  
Let me know if I/WE can help in any way. May God hold us all in the palm of His hand in the coming days.

With Psalm 46 on my mind,

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.