Caring for the Sewell Family

Caring for the Sewell Family

WE friends,

Some of you are aware that Jeremy Sewell has been in the hospital with pulmonary- and heart-related issues for more than a week now. Just when we thought he might be released to come home yesterday, he continued to struggle. The cardiac team at MUSC has determined that he will eventually need a heart transplant. In the interim, they plan to install a balloon heart pump tomorrow morning until a match can be located.

Thankfully, Jeremy has good health insurance through BCBS so most of his hospital and doctors’ bills will be covered (after deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums are paid). However, tomorrow’s surgery will require Jeremy and Kerry to stay in the Charleston area for 7-8 weeks as he recovers. When the heart transplant takes place, they will be required to stay in the Charleston area for up to three months.

Many of you have already asked how you can help. At this point, they need two things: our prayers and our financial support. A friend has already setup a Go Fund Me* page in Jeremy’s honor. In addition, we’ve added a special category on our electronic GIVE to WE link for the “Sewell Family Fund.” WE will receive contributions in cash or check (payable to “WEUMC for J. Sewell”) on behalf of the family as well.

As things progress, we will continue to keep you posted. Thanks in advance for all of your help. Please keep Jeremy, Kerry, Tyler, Morgan and the entire Sewell family in your prayers. God is good!

Blessings, lane

Rev. Lane Glaze
pastor@weumc.net

*It is our understanding that Go Fund Me’s fees run nearly 8% (leaving 92% for the family), while WE is charged a 3% fee for contributions made via a debit/credit card (leaving 97% for the family). Obviously, 100% of contributions made via cash or check to “WEUMC fbo J Sewell” will go directly to the family.

 

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.